Friday 25 September 2009

My little Scrapbook Guide




















Hello Eveyone
This is my first ever blog!!! My name is Katie Meakings and i live in Chelmsford and i make Button Bouquets ... YES that's right bouquets made from buttons!!! call me crazy but there really kool and alot of fun to make.
I have been scrapbooking for around three years but i would really like to focus on this hobby more because i love it!!! so i signed up for the scrapbook for beginners class at my favorite craft shop, Sugar and Spice at Barleylands Craft Village. I had my first class last Saturday which was brilliant........ Nina was so helpful and it was really good fun.
we were asked to bring a note book for next week so we can record all the useful hints and tips Nina gives us. So i thought i would make a mini book to record my work and as a keepsake of my achievements.
I used bazzill basic cardstock in shades of pink(12x12) I cut them to 6x6 to make four pages from each for my mini book. I used a holepunch to make 2 holes in the pages, attached book rings and decorated with papperned paper, lettering stickers, chipboard shapes and home made embellishments. Also I used old scrapbook insperation magazines to find infromation and pictures of tools, tecniques, scrapbook lingo/ jargon and materials which I cut out and attached in my mini book.
I decieded to make a doubble page on tools, matterials, basic technique and scrapbook jargon, then going on to each week explaing what we did and including a sketch design of the layout and picture of my own finished layout. This was really fun and has turned into my little guide to scrapbooking which is really usefull although it s not finshed yet as ive only done one week of classes!!!
I hope you like it
katie xxxxx

2 comments: