Tuesday 20 May 2014

Your arrival

Well all I can say is I had really difficult  laybour with Nathan, I was induced three days early as I was suffering from all the signs of pre-eclampsia. My labour was very quick and I got to 8cm all on my own with gas and air for the last 10cm however things went down hill very quickly reasulting in a emergency forceps delivery in theater. So shocked was a understatement my body just went into overdrive.

However when it came to scrapbooking about Nathan's arrival I took a child friendly approach and my jouranaling on this layout really helped me to come to terms with how I felt about my labour. It's still a very touchy subject for me but I really wanted Nathan to have this documented in his album alongside the first picture I took of him.  



I used a grey cardsrock and used snap simple stories baby boy card for my journaling which says  "on the day you arrived, daddy arrived at the hospital at 7am mummy was in lots of pain very quickly and had to have some help to deliver you. So the doctors took mummy to theater where she had a special needle in her back and the doctors helped deliver you. You were born at 9.56am, weighing 8lb 3oz." 

I cut out the sentiment welcome little one from a diffrent journaling card and added hearts, foil Thickers saying Nathan and some glittery doddlebug boarders. Let me know what you think....


No comments:

Post a Comment